Solved

Deployer claims modules are missing

• 4 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

After installing the .NET 6.0 hosting bundle and running the Deployer to install Indicium, it keeps complaining that the runtime is missing, even after rebooting.

The Deployer also claims I should be able to perform the deployment but the button is greyed out so I would have to do it manually…

What’s going on here? Do I need a different version?

icon

Best answer by Dick van den Brink 4 January 2023, 16:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

If you go to the “Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager”and click the root and there the "Modules” item.

Do you see the AspNetCoreModuleV2?

Did you by any change first installed the .NET 6 bundle and then removed the older .NET version?

If so, you need to repair the .NET 6 bundle and do a restart - because uninstalling the older versions removes the hosting bundle (although it still shows up as installed).

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

This is a new server and has never had an older version of .NET core on it, I don’t have any record for AspNetCoreModuleV2, it’s not included in .NET 6.0 it seems

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

If you don't see the module, the Deployer is probably correctly giving an error.

Did you already try to reinstall the hosting bundle?
According to the 6.0 download page it should be included:

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Re-running the installer as a repair has added it...so the order in which you run the prerequisites probably matters, oh joy

anyway, it’s fixed for now, thx!