Skip to main content

We have a workflow to set default filters when someone opens a screen;

Step 1) Open document … triggers …
Step 2) Decision; Filter values

Step 3) Set the filters.

This did not work for a while, but works again.

I now tried to create the same at the moment that the user opens a subject which is a detail, but the workflow doesn’t start.

Does anyone know how I can start the workflow at this point and set the filters?

Thank you,

Daan
​​​​​​​

@Daan Heemskerk try starting your Process Flow with the Activate detail Process Action (https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/process_flows_actions#activate-detail).

Hi Arie,

I tried but it didn’t work;

It seems that there is still something missing.

@Daan Heemskerk Could you check in the Process flow monitor on Indicium what Status code is returned for the ProcessActionCompleted - activate_detail_report_custom_next?

I know there is an open bug (which I could reproduce just now) on the fact that this Process Action sometimes, incorrectly, returns a -1 status code instead of a 0 status code and then does not continue properly.

EDIT: if indeed you get Status code -1 returned, please do raise a TCP with your specific Process Flow and Screen Type setup.

Hi Arie,

Thank you, I will have to look why my process flow monitor is not working first.
( Possibly a firewall thing ).

If I look at the network traffic from another page where I open a document I can see a call to the processes flow. On this page I don’t see any call related to the process flow.

Greetings,

Daan

@Daan Heemskerk check if you have Websockets enabled in IIS. That is a prerequisite for the Process Flow monitor to work. Also make sure you have that screen opened in a separate tab before starting the Process Flow.

https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/deployment/indicium#prerequisites

Hi Arie,

Thank you, it was actually simple, I selected the wrong reference, and it took a while until I noticed.

But now I do have two new problems;

First: I have a double Key; ( context_level_id, context_id ) on one lookup.

When I don’t apply the filter from the workflow this allows me to select all ( context_level_id, context_id ) combinations.
When I set the filters using the workflow the first key context_level_id gets locked to the value I set using the workflow.

Second: while the Open Document action only fires the first time I open the document this action always fires, clearing the filter set by the user, which was not what I want, it was just not to start empty.

Do you know what the correct behaviors with respect to the first problem are? Should it be possible to create a single lookup for a double key relationship, or is it an coincident that this works in this scenario?

Thank you,

Daan