Debugger crashes

• 16 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Can someone confirm or it's a general issue that the debugger will not handle it well when you debug a layout with a file upload (VARBINARY_MAX) column. Most of the times it crashes. Probably because loading the uploaded file is too heavy for the debugger?

Debugger crashes - Program Not responding

Turning off the parameters for that specific column seems like a solution to me.

Subjects > Default > Columns > Form > Performance >​​​​

I'm curious if others recognize this problem. 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi,

In the past I've also encountered this when handling large files / large content passed as parameter. The debugger somehow also shows that values, which can take quite a long time. Haven't debugged recently with large files, so I can't tell if it's the same issue. The proces flow monitor however can handle files without any issue as far I can see.

Br, René

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Although I've never come accross it, I can imagine that de debugger has difficulty showing the complete varbinary data as it can be veryvery long

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

However, I see it crashes in a layout procedure? Is it really necessary to have the binary content in a layout (or default) procedure?

By default we untick all possible checkboxes which can affect performance. Variables should not be passed to concepts unless they are necessary. I’ve even created an Idea for this: