Solved

Dates not being displayed propertly with devexpress

Badge

Hello, we have a report where we show some dates. In the report configuration I am forcing the "dd-MM-yyyy” format, and with SQL I am getting the dates in this format as well. However, the dates are still being displayed as "MM/dd/yyyy” on the report. Has anybody else encountered this and solved it?

icon

Best answer by Niels Koop 15 May 2024, 14:48

View original

5 replies

Badge

Hello, we have a report where we show some dates. In the report configuration I am forcing the "dd-MM-yyyy” format, and with SQL I am getting the dates in this format as well. However, the dates are still being displayed as "MM/dd/yyyy” on the report. Has anybody else encountered this and solved it?

The "MM/dd/yyyy” is being displayed on the report after it has been generated. The preview in DevExpress is showing the correct date format. 

Badge

hi, I've ran into a simular problem. What you want to check is the following:

local pc settings (check timezone and location)

local pc keyboard setting (if set to US it can translate into mm/dd/yyyy)

Browser timezone and location settings

Browser keyboard settings (same as above, configuring this correctly will probably solve your issue)

Badge

Browser keyboard settings (same as above, configuring this correctly will probably solve your issue)

The report is generated in a subflow, so I think the local pc settings do not apply in this case?

I found an extended property called ReportContentLocale which I think is supposed to set the locale of the report. I set it to ‘Dutch/NL’, but it hasn't solved the problem for me. 

Badge

The report is generated in a subflow, so I think the local pc settings do not apply in this case?

I found an extended property called ReportContentLocale which I think is supposed to set the locale of the report. I set it to ‘Dutch/NL’, but it hasn't solved the problem for me. 

You need to know for certain and this is easily tested. I’d recommend giving it atleast a try.

Badge

It turned out that setting the ReportContentLocale to ‘Dutch/NL’ did eventually work for our use case!