Solved

Crystal Reports report with sql?

• 1 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to call up a report from Crystal Reports with sql?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 2 March 2021, 13:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi AmelRamulic,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by calling up a report from Crystal Reports with SQL. Could you elaborate on that?

You do have the ability in your Crystal Reporting software to make connection to the database and get information straight from there. 

I want to add a checkbox as a button and when i click on the checkbox i get a print preview of the report thats linked with the task

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It is not possible to Print a report while adding/editing a row. It is only possible after the saving of that record for example. A Process flow can start upon adding/editing a row and after that is completed, a report can be previewed. That can also be after the Task was executed.

Example with Printing report after executing Task. Make sure to use the correct process action as there are two. One for Task outside the context of a table and one for tasks attached to a table.

Alternatively, you can add the report to the table by connecting it in the Software Factory at Reports → Table reports.

Table report

Note: if you don't see the Report button in the application, check the screentype if it has a Report bar