Solved

Create 'Modules' to reuse over several projects

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi, 

I’ve created a large hunk of functionality, with several tasks, functionalities, process flows and all that. This is a financial part of the application. Invoices, purchases and all. 
Every app that we will create will need to have a module like this. All apps will process invoices and connecting cost lines. 

I would very much like to copy/paste (import) all these elements and then modify as needed. Manually copying all the things is a difficult and labour intensive task. 

What is the best approach in solving this ? 

Same goes for ‘Modules’ like Accounts? All apps have a CRM part. However, a lot less functionalities/intelligence to it. Just copying tables, but still.. would be nice to just simply click 'Import’ and select a module. 

Any thoughts on this?

Alexander

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 4 April 2023, 19:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Could you not use a base model for this? Create a base model CRM and link this to the model/project where this is needed. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Erwin Ekkel

Perhaps. I find the docs on this subject are not very .. extensive. 
Is there more info on this? I know that there were some tries with base models, but that never really got anywhere. 

Maybe now is the moment to try again! 

Alex

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Alex,

The only difference between a base model and a work model is that a base model can be linked to other models; base and work models.

Any model data stored in base models will be merged with your work model during the Generate definition process. That means that you could place roles inside your base model, and let them get merged into your work model. Merged base model data cannot be mutated from the work model, it can only be mutated in the base model itself.

What questions do you have that the Docs did not answer? That way we can improve them to answers your, and others, future questions 😄