Solved

Copy existing user preferences

• 3 November 2022
  • 8 replies

The Copy existing user preferences does not work.

I am on version 2022.2 and there are many users that i need to change the preferences for (config, time zone, language). according to Users | Thinkwise Documentation (thinkwisesoftware.com) it should be possible to do this. but after it executes and i refresh i see no changes to the user. anyone alse here have a solution for this?

It’s tedious to change user preferences one by one if you have a hundred plus users.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 30 December 2022, 21:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I tried this and for me it worked like expected. Can you clarify the steps you took and how you concluded it did not work?

I just followed the steps as outlined in the reference docs. select the user for which you want to copy the settings and then click on copy user preferences. and nothing changes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi, Have you followed these steps?: Users | Thinkwise Documentation (thinkwisesoftware.com) . Can you provide screenshots of Before, During (the task pop-up with values) and After execution of the Task?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @rustie,

Can you please let us know if you still require assistance, or if Mark pointed you in the right direction?

Hi, Have you followed these steps?: Users | Thinkwise Documentation (thinkwisesoftware.com) . Can you provide screenshots of Before, During (the task pop-up with values) and After execution of the Task?

yes i followed these steps.

Hi @rustie,

Can you please let us know if you still require assistance, or if Mark pointed you in the right direction?

for now you can close this ticket. i am currently focusing on something else

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Just in case, you can double check if you have sufficient rights to copy these preferences. Being a User or Root admin should be sufficient. 

We also started on building export and import functionality to migrate user preferences to other IAM's for 2023.2

Just in case, you can double check if you have sufficient rights to copy these preferences. Being a User or Root admin should be sufficient. 

We also started on building export and import functionality to migrate user preferences to other IAM's for 2023.2

i do have sufficient rights. i am an admin.