Solved

Configure task, report and prefilter bars

• 24 May 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
In our current Graphical User Interface it is not possible to configure task, report and prefilter bars. Meaning that either all objects within the bar are being displayed or non at all. I have been told, that there is an extender, which allow you to configure these bars. I was wondering if the option to configure bars will be introduced within the Universal Graphical User Interface? Instead of having to set up an extender outside the Software Factory.
icon

Best answer by Anne Buit 27 May 2019, 08:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi Anne,

Unfortunately hiding the task(s) within a variant is not the solutions I'm looking for, as these tasks should indeed be accessible through the ribbon and context menu.

I assume you'd want some way to mark some tasks to never show up in a task bar? This would return them to the general action bar.

That is correct. I would like the option of hiding certain tasks from the task bar, and therefor only displaying these tasks within the general action bar. In several screens the application has over 10 tasks available, where only 5 of these are used often. The other 5 tasks do not have to be visual in the shortlists of tasks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Hi Arjan,

You can already omit tasks, reports, prefilters etc. completely by using a variant. But I assume you'd want them to be available through other means (ribbon, context menu or hotkeys) and not in the bar?

You can indeed use a custom extender to configure items to be excluded from action bars.

Universal only has bars. To replace the ribbon and context menu, a new general action bar has been introduced. This action bar contains all actions, as long as the action is not made available somewhere else. For instance, by introducing a prefilter bar and task bar the prefilters and tasks will be taken from the general action bar.

I assume you'd want some way to mark some tasks to never show up in a task bar? This would return them to the general action bar.