Solved

Combined search showing with all settings set to not be shown.

• 21 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16
  • Thinkwise Local Partner Brasil
  • 389 replies

Hi. In the latest Universal the combined filter is always showing..  although everything is turned of in the settings. 

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 10 May 2022, 13:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

The translation of the field may be a little confusing, but the search field visibility listens to this setting from the Software Factory:

When this checkbox is enabled for any of the listed columns, the search field becomes visible. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

The translation of the field may be a little confusing, but the search field visibility listens to this setting from the Software Factory:

When this checkbox is enabled for any of the listed columns, the search field becomes visible. 

Hi @Erik Brink 

I know, however it is not consistent and user friendly:

1. I have one screen element that is not showing it right now, because one field still had that 'checkbox' active, although in the general settings I disabled the filter option. 
  2. I have another screen element that has the same, disabled filter and all fields without the option 'in combined filter'..  I did find the reason though that I still saw the search bar. Because on column level the column was hidden..  and by default all field in general have the 'in combined filter' activated..  you then don't see it in the data tab. After putting it to read only and then go back to the data-filter tab I could deactivate the checkbox and made the search bar disappear. 

Think the Universal should follow the Model. 

1. If a user deactivates the filter option it should not, in any case, show the combined filter. 
  2. Or if this is not possible, make the model put the 'in combined filter' by default off when in the general settings the filter option is turned off. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Freddy,

We understand disabling the Allow filter option may cause some confusion as of why the combined filter is still visible. Due to this setting being interpreted in the same manner by all runtime components, we avoid changing the behavior of this setting.

The GUI will show a combined filter is any column is included in it. Disabling the Allow filter setting does not affect this behavior and should not affect it.

What we could do to improve the current situation is to separate the "In combined filter" setting from the other filter settings, and place it inside an own tab page. This would make it more clear that these two settings are different from each other. In addition to that, we could introduce a table-level setting to turn off the combined filter for the subject.

Nevertheless, this topic should become a ticket in TCP where we can go into more detail and correctly handle the situation. I heard from Erik you already have a TCP ticket, and with that ticket you'll be updated to any updates.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi Freddy,

We understand disabling the Allow filter option may cause some confusion as of why the combined filter is still visible. Due to this setting being interpreted in the same manner by all runtime components, we avoid changing the behavior of this setting.

The GUI will show a combined filter is any column is included in it. Disabling the Allow filter setting does not affect this behavior and should not affect it.

What we could do to improve the current situation is to separate the "In combined filter" setting from the other filter settings, and place it inside an own tab page. This would make it more clear that these two settings are different from each other. In addition to that, we could introduce a table-level setting to turn off the combined filter for the subject.

Nevertheless, this topic should become a ticket in TCP where we can go into more detail and correctly handle the situation. I heard from Erik you already have a TCP ticket, and with that ticket you'll be updated to any updates.

It should definitely improve. At a minimum that hidden fields are ignored..  because they don't show in the list. And your suggestions sound fair. If the processing of combined filter is different from filter they should be separated in a proper tab. For me a filter is a filter and apparently it's not the same.