Solved

combined filter in universal gui

• 3 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I am testing our application with the universal gui (GUI version 2021.2.14.0; Platform version 2021.2). I am using the universal directly against the Software Factory. I noticed that when I use the combined filter it does not always give me the expected results. For example, I am trying to filter the company name:

This works fine, so it seems. However when I type one more character (the 13th character :-))  it does not find any results:

Also, when I type characters from the middle part of the name it does not work:

But when I type Classic, it gives me the desired result:

Is this normal behavior, am I missing something or is something wrong here?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 3 August 2021, 15:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Hugo,

Best way to check what is going wrong is by opening the Developer tools of your browser (F12) and check in the Network tab what is going wrong.

What it could be is that when your combined filter has many columns included, that when you try to filter something, that the request URL that Universal creates and sends to Indicium is longer than allowed. You can either change this in the web.config file or change the allowed length in IIS at Sites > "Indicium” > Request filtering > Edit feature settings:

Default settings
  1. Allowed uploaded size of files and such
  2. URL (for requests to Indicium)
  3. Not exactly sure but you can keep them the same
Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Mark,

I changed the settings (and recycled etc.), I use only 1 column and this is the query when I use the  search string ‘tek’:

It should give results (for exaple customer Artifac tekenvakhandel) but it doesn't.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I think I have found the answer. I am using a variant of the table to test the ug; the combined filter

seems to follow the setting in the default rather than in the variant. So what happend was that I had another column selected in the default (zoeknaam) which contained the exact number of characters I entered:

So, it looked like it was searching in the Naam column, but it was actually looking in the column Zoeknaam as defined in the default. However, the tooltip follows the settings from the variant, so it looks a bit messed up anyway...

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That does not sound like the Universal GUI does the correct thing, could you report this in TCP with these screenshots? It will help a lot and I hope the team can fix this soon.