Solved

Code search field, the magic trick?

• 9 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi all,

I always look with my arms over each other to @Robbert van Tongeren working in TSF. But now I’m on my own and have a simple question:

He uses search code very quickly but when I open "Code search" in TSF I cannot directly start typing into "search string". After some clicks, switching fields it was possible to enter the code but there must be a magic trick to input and start searching the code directly. (TSF 2021.1)

Please share this trick here :-)​

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 9 April 2021, 13:58

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi jaap,

It is indeed a bit of a struggle but once you know the magic, it's quite easy.

When you have a new project version, or never searched code with it before, the box will be greyed out. In a couple of steps you can start searching. I do it like this:

1. Open the Code search screen
  2. Click the Magnifying glass task
  3. Select the search box
  4. Ctrl+E to edit
  5. Type your search string :muscle_tone2:

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi jaap,

It is indeed a bit of a struggle but once you know the magic, it's quite easy.

When you have a new project version, or never searched code with it before, the box will be greyed out. In a couple of steps you can start searching. I do it like this:

1. Open the Code search screen
  2. Click the Magnifying glass task
  3. Select the search box
  4. Ctrl+E to edit
  5. Type your search string :muscle_tone2:

That's a nasty workaround :-). Used to click everything I could to get it working randomly. Thanks for the ctrl+e hack.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Ctrl+E is the magic trick!
Thxs @Mark Jongeling 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Nice magic trick, but I think it is broken, the way it works now. This is merely a workaround. It is not really solved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Nice magic trick, but I think it is broken, the way it works now. This is merely a workaround. It is not really solved.

We are aware of this and it will be solved in the (near) future. When Function-typed tables are available, we can use it for this screen.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Is there a firm timeframe available on when this is going to be fixed yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Is there a firm timeframe available on when this is going to be fixed yet?

Hi Bas,

Function-typed tables will be on our planning for the platform release after 2021.3. It sadly didn't make the already really full planning for this upcoming version. But once the GUI's do support these tables, we can make them available quickly because the Software Factory implementation is already finished.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

*I do have to note, this screen cannot be fixed before the GUI's support the function-typed tables. So this screen should then be fixed by the version after the 2021.3.