Solved

Change tab label 'Form'

• 26 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Probably something small, but I've seen than I can set the label name for a Form somewhere; but can't find it. In Translation I set this;  

And Local I get this; (which is good)

However, when creating a new version, It's reverted to  'Form’. 

Can anyone give me a push in the Right Direction to set this once and for good? 

Thanks! 

Alex 

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 27 August 2021, 09:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Blommetje,

That is probably because the form_tab_page is a translation object that originates from a base project. Every time you do a Generate definition, this translation object will be reset. Best thing you can do is use an alternative Tab page label in your screen types and translate it to Add/Edit:

Screen type - Change this field to your desired label name

Edit: Or you could create an own new Base project version of base project SCREEN_TYPES and make sure the translation is changed there so all projects using that base project version will have this translation.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I thought so, but I must set it per screen type then? No way to do this in 1 go?

(Wait, I read it again and let me try that)

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can make the label in one screen type and translate it, then update all labels named 'form_tab_page’ to your new label in SSMS via a query.

Alternatively, create a new version of base project SCREEN_TYPES and use that new version in your project(s). Here you can safely change the translation for the label:

Screen type translation object

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Or even more easy, write a dynamic model procedure to overwrite this translation :wink:

update transl_object_transl
set transl = 'Add/Edit'
where project_id = @project_id
and project_vrs_id = @project_vrs_id
and transl_object_id = 'form_tab_page'
and appl_lang_id = 'ENG'