Solved

Cannot upgrade SF/Indicium from 2020.2 to 2021.2

• 3 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi i’m running IAM/SF/Indicium on my Windows Server 2019. I’ve downloaded 2021.2 installation pack from TCP.
The setup ask me to upgrade Indicium via IIS Web Api.

I’ve downloaded IISAdministrationSetup.exe 2.3.0 from Microsoft but MSI installer always fails with error code 0x80070643.

Is there a way to upgrade Indicium without IIS Web Api? Or, is there a way to install IIS Web Api without MSI?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 3 August 2021, 11:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

Did you install the required .NET 5? See: Indicium Service Tier · Thinkwise Docs (thinkwisesoftware.com). You do not have to have the IIS Web API I believe, you can simply place the Indicium folder in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot folder of the Web server. In IIS you should then be able to see this folder and then convert it to an application and place that application inside its own Application Pool.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Yes, .NET 5 are installed. But fails again.

So, if I have to upgradefrom 2020.2 to 2021.2, you suggest to replace my Indicium folder with the new one on C:\inetpub\wwwroot , right?

DO i have to it before of after i upgrade SF and IAM?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Make a backup of the current folder and overwrite the current folder with the new Indicium folder (excluding the appsettings.json as otherwise you'll have to reconfigure it). You can do this before upgrading, (but also after; both is okay).

You can check if everything is running correctly by running the indicium.exe in the Indicium folder after you have placed it at the wwwroot and everything is set-up according to the docs: Indicium Service Tier · Thinkwise Docs (thinkwisesoftware.com)

The output Indicium returns should only show the License refresh/check, if any errors, it has to be resolved.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello,

I also have the problem that IIS Administration fails to install.

But I'm not upgrading on a exisiting server but installing 2021.2 on a new server. For installing via the deployment center i need an access key. Is there an other way to generate this key then via IIS administration?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Eric,

If IIS administration fails to install it usually returns an error code. In case of MatteoSangiorgi that was most likely that the .NET framework has to be installed/repaired, but the issue your facing is difficult for us to help you with. Maybe your system administrator can help you find out the issue and solve it. Using a search engine and putting in the error code usually gives a handful of solutions.

You could install Indicium by hand like I explained in my previous replies. 

For installing via the deployment center I need an access key. Is there an other way to generate this key then via IIS administration?

There's no alternative as the Key generation is only one part of the process. The IIS administration module is needed for the complete deployment of Indicium.