Solved

Cannot assign upgrade script to specific version from the main

• 22 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I've got a branch and a main, in the branch i've written functionality that's in need of an upgrade script. We're migrating some from a column that will be deleted during the upgrade to a new table, so therefore I need to assign it as a During upgrade script. 

Since after the first upgrade the column is deleted this script will cause future upgrades to fail, to prevent this I only want to execute this script when upgrading from our latest production version. To enable this, I've set Use upgrade logic to true for this version (in the main), this is having the desired result in the main, however in the branch these program objects are not showing up in the Assigning tab. 

What am I doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by Renée Evertzen 22 June 2023, 14:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey Harry,

You're not doing anything wrong. Support for this specific situation when using upgrade scripts while also working in branches is something that was unfortunately not yet implemented in the 2023.1 version of the Software Factory. I am happy to be able to share with you though that it will be included in the 2023.2 version of the Software Factory that will be available for download soon! 😀 In this version the branch will also contain program objects for any model versions from the origin that are marked to use upgrade logic.

For now what you can do is manually create the appropriate model version, i.e. your production version from the main, in the branch as well. You were correct in your conclusion to mark Use upgrade logic to true, you will have to do this for the manually created model version as well.

I hope this helps, let me know if additional clarification is desired 😄