Solved

Cancel a form with empty mandatory fields using a task

• 14 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to cancel editing an auto-edit/auto-save form using a task.

The situation is next: we have several actions a user can perform within a form, based on table tasks like, submit, print and cancel. We have choosen to place these buttons at the right bottom corner of the form. The default behaviour of the tasks is that Thinkwise will perform a save and with that validate if all mandatory fields have a value. If not, a message will be shown and the task will not be executed. For the submit and print tasks this is the way to go. For cancel however, the save and mandatory field validation should not occur. Any empty mandatory field will show the exception message and prevent the task from executing.

I know it is possible to first use the generic cancel button and then the task button, but this needs two actions by the end-user instead of one.

Is there a way for a task to bypass the mandatory field validation and be executed regardless of the subjects state or some other means to achieve the same functionality?

icon

Best answer by Erwin Ekkel 27 November 2023, 11:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This is not possible. So unfortunately your best solution is to use the generic buttons. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Erwin.

Not exactly the answer I was hoping for, but thanks for your swift reply. We will have a look how we can best guide our end-users through the form with the standard functionality available.