Solved

Can we Use Where condition/clause inside an Expression for a particular Column of a Table, If Yes Please Let me know with example?

• 12 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello Team,

I have write a query inside an Expression (select e.email_id from email e where e.email_id=@email_id) for column (email_id ) to fetch email_id dynamically.

Can anyone suggest me if the above code is correct for write where condition inside a column Expression?

Need help !

Regards,

Sujit

icon

Best answer by Erwin Ekkel 12 October 2022, 08:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, can you explain what you want to show on the screen? You already have the email_id so I don't see the added value of the expression column. To answer your question you have to use t1.email_id instead of the variable. You can read more on this and see an example

here: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/data_model#expression-dependencies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

My apologies, I accidentally marked Erwin's answer as the best answer, thus solving the topic 😓. @sujit : Feel free to ignore this and continue the discussion if Erwin's answer is not sufficient to solve your question !

Thanks, @Erwin Ekkel  for your suggest, have got my answer.

Regards,

Sujit