Solved

Business Intelligence - Repeating data on each row in cubes.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

How to ensure that data is displayed on each row instead of suppressing duplicate data.

So in the example hereunder I want to have “AVE” on 10 times instead of 1 time.

Who can help?

icon

Best answer by Sebastiaan Meijerink 4 October 2022, 11:34

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Marco,

This is not possible but I do miss the reasoning behind why you would like duplicate information in your cube? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I don't really have a reason for myself, but my client finds it very useful when he exports the cube to Excel. That's why.

Of course I can make a view for it, but a cube gives more flexibility in sorting and drag/drop of fields.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ah, that makes sense. I do sadly have to say it is not possible to deduplicate the dimensions in the Cube. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Is it an idea for coming releases?

This is not possible with the component we use in the Windows and Web GUI.

Not sure the Universal GUI component can do this. @Sebastiaan Meijerink; do you happen to know this is achievable in the Universal GUI? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Marco,

I believe the GUI does this automatically when using Cubes to display data. It deduplicates data and groups it like in the picture. Alternatively you can combine fields into one field using expression fields.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hmmm. No the grouped row items will not repeat. It might be possible, but what I get from the discussion is that the issue is that it isn't repeated when exporting to Excel. I would suggest that we try to solve the actual problem and not change the behavioure of this component. 

Am I right in stating that the issue is not that it is visually represented this way, but that it isn't repeated when exporting to Excel?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

When I combine fields into 1, it is no longer possible to drag and drop the individual columns. Is there no option to put the deduplication off?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Is it an idea for coming releases?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Marco Kleiweg,

Could you reply to Sebastiaan's question? We are looking to hear from you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

The issue is indeed that it isn't repeated when exporting to Excel.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Marco Kleiweg At this point exporting the cube to excel is still on the backlog for Universal. However I will add this as a requirement to the export story. Maybe even as an option box the user can tick.