Solved

Azure default pricing tier setting

• 18 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

When creating a new azure database from the creation menu it's automatically created in the highest pricing tier. This is since the Create database query uses the default gen5 tier.

There seems to be no way to set a default pricing tier in azure. But you can use a parameter with the create database query to set the pricing tier.

Is there any way to set the default pricing tier in the SF or fill in the service_objective parameter of the create database query?

Related topic on microsoft forums: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fd294936-06fa-4c23-aa11-d0b6836df56e/set-the-default-pricing-tier-for-newly-created-databases?forum=ssdsgetstarted

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 19 October 2021, 09:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Anne,

I can understand it will become quite pricey when developers start making databases using the highest pricing tier. I will discuss this internally with my colleagues on how we can be of assistance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Anne, I have discussed just now and we advise using a Manual control procedure to Alter the created database to use the correct Service objective by using the following code:

ALTER DATABASE [DBName] MODIFY(EDITION='Standard', SERVICE_OBJECTIVE='S0')

We will investigate how to do this automatically in coherence with Indicium.