Solved

Auto save Universal form

• 3 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi,

We have a view with a auto-edit and auto-save form, we have 1 editable field which is a barcode, after entering a barcode and hitting <tab> (which a barcode scanner does) in universal the focus goes onto the next object and does not save the record, is that intended? (2022.2.14 gui)

Focus is on the 3 dots, top right.

Also: When entering the screen, I cannot change records because of the form being in edit mode, we first have to cancel the row and select a new row. For us not a big problem for now, but I don't think this is intended?

icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 8 November 2022, 13:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Auto-save is currently being triggered after another action including switching to another record. Only moving focus away will not save the record indeed.

Not being able to switch records sounds like a bug. Wild guess: do you have model insides enabled? If so, it will be a known issue.

Userlevel 5

Hi Erik, 

Thanks for the answer, is the auto-save going to change? Because I think moving focus should actually save the record. :)

Model insights was not turned on I believe.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

No, I don't think this is going to change in the near future. The Universal GUI has a less focus-based setup in compare to the Windows interface. Leaving the edited subject now shows a message to save stuff. I think the auto-save mechanism should try to save in these cases too. So it will be saved whatever the user is going to do next.

“When entering the screen, I cannot change records because of the form being in edit mode, we first have to cancel the row and select a new row.”
Sounds like the GUI didn't have the auto-save mechanism enabled for some reason.