Solved

Auto refresh in Web GUI causes refresh in other tabs / menu's

Web GUI:

After using a tab with Auto Refresh enabled other tabs and even menu’s keep refreshing:

• When editing, the text is selected every auto refresh, making it hard for users to type longer texts.
  • The right-click-menu disappears every auto refresh.

Auto-refresh should be limited to only the tab where enabled.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 4 July 2022, 07:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi John,

Which version of the Web GUI are you using? Is the auto-refresh placed on a Main subject and does it have details? When Auto-refreshing the main subject, details of the selected row are refreshed too as due to changed values, it may cause details to be not visible anymore or have different data after the refresh action.

I believe the Auto-refresh should stop when you are in Edit mode but I may be wrong. Alternatively you could look into Change Detection logic. This fine piece of functionality can tell the GUI to continue Auto-refreshing at its given interval or not based on SQL code. More on it here: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/business_logic#change-detection

Hi Mark,

Thanks for replying.

We’re using 2022.1 WebGUI. The auto-refresh is placed on a Main subject, but doesn’t have details. We use it to show changes in a table that is filled form an external source (it shows incoming calls).

The Auto-refresh doesn’t stop when in Edit mode; it selects all the text you typed; when you continue typing, existing text is overwritten. Even the (tile)menu is affected: when right-clicking to select a different menu, the popup disappears every autorefresh.

I will look into Change Detection logic, I think it will diminish the problem. But when refresh, the other screens and menu’s still will be affected.