Solved

Apostrophe in User Group throws Bad Request

• 27 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi, 

A consultant at the client side has created a User Group and added some roles. 
However, this constantly throws a Bad Request in IAM. I suspect that the cause is, that the user used an apostrophe. 

WO’s 

Indicum Error log; ‘[ERR] Invalid OData URL. The path '"/usr_grp(tenant_id=1,usr_grp_id='WO%20-%20alle%20wo's%20minus%20instruction')/detail_ref_usr_grp_usr_grp_admin/badge()"' is invalid. (2f035637)
Microsoft.OData.ODataException: Syntax error at position 45 in '(tenant_id=1,usr_grp_id='WO - alle wo's minus instruction')'.

I cannot rename the User Group (through IAM), the task won’t come up. It works ok on other user Groups. 

When removing the ‘ from the name, things worked ok (rename task, no bad request). Is this a known issue? Any way to prevent the end user from doing this? 

Now that I’ve renamed in usr_grp it through the Db, will this effect it’s functionality (since the ID has changed)?  This is now in a testing environment, but this is also in prod, and we don’t want to break the user group/access for users. 

Thanks! 

Blommetje 

icon

Best answer by Dick van den Brink 27 September 2023, 11:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Blommetje,

What version of the Universal GUI are you using?
We recently fixed some small issues like this one! I tried to add a group with an apostrophe in, and renaming it seemed to work fine for me.

If you are already on the latest version, it might be better to create a TCP ticket for this and we will take a look.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Dick, 
Currently on universal gui 2023.1.18.0.0. So no, not up to date. And not sure when we will upgrade. 
That leaves telling people not to use an apostrophe. 

Blommetje