"An error has occured" error handling.

• 1 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

What happens with errors in the Universal GUI like below?

Are we (also) notified? We'd like to be ahead of our customers when they might have an issue.

Please note that in this specific case I can't even fill in the form, the first message continuously pop ups when you hit “Close”.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi René,

The error will be passed on to our Universal GUI team. Our team gets a lot of information already from the Crash report like GUI version, used browse, stack trace etc. 

If there is an error occurring, try and fill in the 'What happened?’ section and try and specify how to reproduce the error. This will help our team immensely.

We currently do not send an email to the specified email address if the error is fixed. If it gets fixed and it is noteworthy, it will be added to the release notes.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

To be clear I cannot fill in the “What happened” section. If i hit the “Close” button it pop ups again:

The user can never submit the form.

Anyway, it sends the information (probably) to Thinkwise. As ISV we should be informed when customers having bad experiences with the software.

If for example a customer reported an issue, we should be aware of that. What happens if you have the customer on the phone saying “Hi, yes I’ve reported it via the form.” and we have no clue there are issues?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Do you know how we can reproduce this error? I have created TCP issue 81292 in your name for this. Please fill in the reproduction steps there.

I will take the wish 'As ISV we should be informed when customers having bad experiences with the software.’  to the head of the Universal GUI team and discuss how we are going to handle this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I have created a wish (TCP 81294) in your name regarding being notified when users submit Crash reports.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Do you know how we can reproduce this error? I have created TCP issue 81292 in your name for this. Please fill in the reproduction steps there.

I will take the wish 'As ISV we should be informed when customers having bad experiences with the software.’  to the head of the Universal GUI team and discuss how we are going to handle this. 

Hi,

I've added a comment in TCP with the environment for reproduction.

Please note that it's for us very important to be aware that customers have seen an error dialog an there are possible errors.

Br, René