Solved

adding record thru grid fails

• 28 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Some users reported some weird behaviour that seem to have originated with the upgrade from the 2023.1.16.0 Windows GUI to the 2023.3.12.0 Windows GUI a few month ago.
These users were still on the old version due to IT forgetting to update their shortcuts 🤐

The issues I come across are that when a grid has a dropdown as first column the dropdown stays empty until the user clicks in it again triggering the refresh of the dropdown.
I fixed this several times by forcing the focus on that dropdown thru the DEFAULT without questioning why it failed.

Yesterday and today I got complaints that when I add a record from inside the grid the dropdown is not shown: https://www.screencast.com/t/stNdFFzp

I
tried it in the old 2023.1.16.0 Windows GUI and everything was working fine.
Now my hope is that this is also not a problem in the new 2024.1 release of Thinkwise!?
Can anyone confirm this before I start upgrading a production environment.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 28 March 2024, 13:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Alban,

Latest Windows GUI version at the time of writing is 2024.1.12.0. Is there a particular reason not to use the latest version? This GUI version is compatible with 2022.2 till 2024.1.

I hope that version happpens to resolve the issue. If it persists, then I would recommend to create a ticket.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Alban,

Latest Windows GUI version at the time of writing is 2024.1.12.0. Is there a particular reason not to use the latest version? This GUI version is compatible with 2022.2 till 2024.1.

Ahhh I wasn't aware that I could use the newer versions of the GUI without upgrading the SF/IAM and db 🤐

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Understandable Alban, I have heard it on multiple occasions, as described here: Lifecycle policy | Thinkwise Documentation (thinkwisesoftware.com)

Runtime components offer backward compatibility for previous Thinkwise Platform versions as described above.

Which means that Runtime components, such as the Universal and Windows GUI, will support the platform versions that are still being supported. At the time of writing, version 2024.1.12.0 supports platform version 2022.2 and up.

Upgrade to a newer Platform version always means that the runtime components have to be at least [Platform version].10. So for example, upgrading to 2024.1 will require the runtime components to be 2024.1.10 and up.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

The new version of the GUI fixed my problems