Validation request for mandatory prefilter group having all prefilters off and hidden

Related products: Software Factory

When you have a table/view variant where all prefilters are off and hidden for a prefilter group that is mandatory the GUI won’t fetch any data for that table and will never be able to for that variant. It can be quite the search finding out the cause of the problem. Since the combination of mandatory prefilter group with all prefilters off and hidden is something that in no situation is benificial and only leads to strange GUI behaviour I'd opt for an extra validation rule that detects this misconfiguration in the SF. I would have found the cause of the issue a lot sooner if there was a validation for this issue.

Those validations already exist:

Hi @Benjamin Westra,

As Erwin stated, there are 6 validations in place to validate this situation. Do these suffice?

Updated idea statusNewNeeds feedback

Original in Dutch:

Ik heb naar de huidige validaties en hier valt mij het volgende bij op:
De 6 validaties bestaan uit 3 validaties op de main subject en 3 voor de subject varianten. Dit gaat over main subject, detail subject en lookup subject prefilters. Waar deze validaties controle op uitvoeren is of er een actieve prefilter aanwezig is als de prefilter group op 'mandatory’ staat. De reden dat het om een geel uitroepteken gaat ipv een rood kruis heeft m.i. te maken met dat je soms het juist bewust zo wilt inrichten als je bijvoorbeeld default een lijst leeg wilt tonen door alle verplichte prefilters op off te zetten maar niet op hidden zodat de gebruiker door de juiste prefilter te kiezen om de data te tonen. 

Maar mijn casus valt hier buiten omdat in mijn geval alle prefilters van de prefiltergroep op off en hidden stonden waardoor er nooit iets getoond kan worden in de desbetreffende tabel/view/variant. M.i. moet hier een ‘rode kruis’ controle voor komen omdat er geen scenario te bedenken is waarbij dit gewenst gedrag is en het wel voor vertraging kan zorgen tijdens het ontwikkeltraject als er gezocht wordt naar de oorzaak waarom er niks wordt opgehaald (niet eens een select query te zien is in de debugger). Welke oorzaak sneller wordt gevonden als het met een rood kruis in de validaties wordt getoond (hier zocht ik ook naar).

Translated:

I've looked at the current validations and here's what I notice:
The 6 validations consist of 3 validations on the main subject and 3 for the subject variants. This is about main subject, detail subject and lookup subject prefilters. What these validations check is whether an active prefilter is present if the prefilter group is set to 'mandatory'. The reason that it is a yellow exclamation mark instead of a red cross has to do with the fact that you sometimes consciously want to set it up this way if, for example, you want to show a list empty by default by setting all mandatory prefilters to off but not to hidden so that the user by choosing the appropriate prefilter to display the data.

But my case is not included because in my case all prefilters of the prefilter group were set to off and hidden, so that nothing can ever be shown in the relevant table/view/variant. Mi. must there be a 'red cross' check for this because there is no scenario in which this is desirable behavior and it can cause delays during the development process when looking for the cause why nothing is retrieved (not even a select query can be seen in the debugger). Which cause is found faster if it is shown with a red cross in the validations (I also searched for this).

Updated idea statusNeeds feedbackOpen

Unfortunately, this idea has not received enough votes. Because we want to keep the focus on ideas that are in high demand in our Community, we are closing this idea.

OpenClosed