Users unite! Upvote to get export import and Mass update next Universal update.

Related products: Universal GUI

The Export functionality (aswell as Import and Mass update) is currently scheduled somewhere Q1 2021 but does not have a set sprint and release date yet.

Our company users are using “export to Excel” every day and this functionality is highly desirable and should be implemented before others in my opinion. 

ThinkWise suggest creating an idea, this idea, for it and create a lot upvotes. Help! Vote!

Hi Jaap,

We’re currently working on a first version of the Export that returns an Excel download of the current dataset, without top statement. This will work the same as the Export immediately option in the Windows and Web GUI.

Super! Thanks Jasper!

Hi, you triggered me! I got a status change in my email :-) 

After months, no second version of Excel export and planning in sprints for upgrade Excel and devloping mass update are disappeared in time … I'm excited to hear from you.

Is it planned for Q3 or Q4? Next sprint :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ?

Updated idea statusPlannedWorking on it!

I saw sprints documentations this year with this idea but planned issues where pushed forward to … I really don’t see anything. I really don’t get it :frowning2:

Merry Christmas, again.

A disappointed customer

Hi Jaap,

Unfortunately we have not yet got around to further expanding the current export and import functionality.

We do have some nice improvements planned for the coming sprints that hopefully will help: exporting only the visible grid columns, updating existing rows when importing (an alternative to mass update), and downloading any failed rows after importing.

We are also working on the design of the advanced import, but don't have an ETA yet for the full implementation. A sneak preview of what it will look like:

Best regards and Merry Christmas to you too,

Jasper

Hi Jasper, 

Any news on this? 

Hi Blommetje,

The advanced export functionality is currently being worked on. The full fledged import is a little lower on the backlog, but I expect we will start with that in a few sprints. Check out the Universal GUI backlog here: Universal GUI forecast | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

On the backlogPartially completed

Hi all,

At this point we can complete this post/idea. Sorry for the time it took to deliver these features.

The Universal GUI fully supports these three features now. Mass-update is recently added. Yesterday we released the Release candidate of version 2024.1.13 which contains the last bit of mass-update.

The import and export wizard was in there for a few versions already.

All three options can be found in the overflow menu of the toolbar at the right side of the subject:

Mass-update is called Update here.

Enjoy using these great features of our platform!

Best regards,
Erik Brink

Partially completedCompleted