Universal Popup sizing

Related products: Universal GUI

I would like so see support in the Universal for popup sizing.

• Minimal width of the popup
  • Maximum width of the popup (now it sizes to the full with of the page, word-wrap should kick in earlier based on a setting)
  • When you have multiple columns, relative occupation could be set (% per column, to a total of 100%)

Hi Freddy,

What pop-ups is this idea about? I’m assuming task- and report pop-ups?

How do you see this minimum width working on mobile devices in portrait or small browser windows?

The form already has internal logic to create and yield additional columns based on the available space. This logic is also used in the forms on regular documents. Would the logic that is applied here work out-of-the-box with the earlier described options to control the pop-up size?

Updated idea statusNewOpen

Hi Freddy,

What pop-ups is this idea about? I’m assuming task- and report pop-ups?

How do you see this minimum width working on mobile devices in portrait or small browser windows?

The form already has internal logic to create and yield additional columns based on the available space. This logic is also used in the forms on regular documents. Would the logic that is applied here work out-of-the-box with the earlier described options to control the pop-up size?

I understand the difficulties with the various screen sizes..  And yes, it's about task en report popups. 

I can imagine you can set relative sizes.. like start 50% and max 80% of screen width.. but to cover all sizes and scenario's it probably should incorporate break-points to deal with the various screen sizes. 

But thinking about it, the 'general' lookup popup does this already very well from what I have seen. Why not apply the same popup strategy of lookups to tasks and report popups? 

And as you are busy with it.. extend it to detail tiles zoom popups 🙂 (instead of new documents in the menu.