Task parameter lookup acting like combined filter

Related products: Software Factory Intelligent Application Manager Universal GUI

Currently a parameter of a task can have a lookup configured and the lookup control can be set to “Combo”, “Auto complete” etc etc.

We would like to see a new option: “Contains words” or something in that matter. 

The functionality would be similar to Contains, but rows are selected like when using a combined filter in a grid.

Below a taks with one parameter. The lookup control is defined as "Suggestion contains”. 

If a tabel contains the following values

Kleppen en injectoren afstellen
Kleppen en deksels afstellen
Kleppendekselpakking vervangen

And the user types Kleppe afstel

I'd like to see 

Kleppen en injectoren afstellen
Kleppen en deksels afstellen

As the resulting options to choose from

In my opinion, this should be a no-brainer. Regardless of the context, searching on multiple keywords like this seems like basic functionality to me.

However, it is difficult to determine whether to search inclusively (using OR) or exclusively (using AND). In other words, do we want the results to match both keywords or do we want them to match either one keyword or both. In the most general sense I would assume using OR would be the go-to. Perhaps this should be a dropdown, where the end-user themselves can opt whether to search inclusively or exclusively?

In either case, implementing this should be as simple as splitting the input on a whitespace character and inserting each resulting item into the query as a separate LIKE-clause.

Following @htimmermans’ example;

WHERE
[dbo].[item].[field]
LIKE '%Kleppe%'
OR '%afstel%'

Above example assumes inclusive searching, exclusively the OR would be replaced with AND in the above clause.

The debugger shows the search string is directly inserted into the query on the underlying table or view as a LIKE-clause, so it seems this would need to be a GUI function. That should make implementing this easier, since the user input can be mutated before it is sent to the database.

Updated idea statusNewOpen