Showing current action/progress during a Process Flow without using a percentage

Related products: Software Factory Universal GUI Indicium Service Tier

As a Process Flow can have many decisions and loops etc it is impossible/difficult to give the User a progress in percents or even “step N of M” in a generic way.

But I, as the developer, know where and with what content I could inform the user of the progress. I might have a process action A that takes 5 seconds, followed by a loop where a certain 2 second process action B is executed for all 3 relevant records.

I would like to be able display messages:
-- Executing A 
-- (1/3) Executing B for Customer ABC
-- (2/3) Executing B for Customer DEF
-- (3/3) Executing B for Customer XYZ

Currently I cant use tsf_send_progress for this as it is not available in a Process Flow. (If it were available I would have some trouble faking a percentage). I don't want to reengineer the whole thing into a big task template just for this reason.
And I also can't use tsf_send_message because that requires user input.

I need something to display a popup message that does not require user input while processing continues. And I need to use it from code, as there I know how much processing needs to be done and what is currently being processed.

The solution could be one or more of these:

• a new option to define a message for the start and end of a process action. It will be displayed with a button while processing continues.
  • a new option on the Message and tsf_send_message to specifiy that there will be no button on the message and that processing will continue.
  • a new option on the Message and tsd_send progress that works in a process flow and maybe only shows text and not a progress bar (or a sweeping one, that would be nice!)
  • something else that solves it.

Hi Theo,

We think your third option aligns most with our vision, making the tsf_send_progress available in Process logic and letting tsf_send_progress without an integer progress value start a sweeping progress. We will keep this in mind for the Universal GUI.

Updated idea status NewOpen