Show multiple Related Tables on a single Detail Tab

Related products: Universal GUI

One of the great features of the Thinkwise low-code platform in terms of development speed, is also one of the most annoying features from an end user perspective: the concept of Detail Tabs for related tables. It is very challenging to keep the UI clean and understandable when getting more and more related tables. We often have to revert to Views which combine a few tables in order to improve the user experience.

Personally, I like the concept of displaying multiple Related Tables in a Single Tab, Grids below each other with each their own Header, only occupying space for the nr of records it contains (Salesforce does this for example). For most related tables the nr of records is usually low, therefore displaying them each on their own tab is a waste of space. Optionally, the individual Grids could include pagination for each related table, displaying for instance 10 rows by default (nr of rows should be a setting somewhere).

How about introducing this in Thinkwise, in addition to the current Detail Tabs & Detail Tiles options? 

I like the thought of it. First thing that comes to my mind is how would the Screen type look? I guess it then has to be its own component, something like a Combined Gridview. 

It is possible to get such a screen by some clever modelling by having references and using a Screen type with multiple Detail groups. By assigning the Detail tabs to the different Detail groups and every detail tab uses a variant that only shows a Grid with a maximum number of rows. Would this be sufficient for now?

@Mark Jongeling I believe the most straightforward solution would indeed be an extra Screen Component (maybe called Detail grid) to which a Detail Group can be assigned. This would allow the combined use of Detail tabs, Detail tiles and Detail grid.

As for current clever modelling: which Screen type could I use in order to add multiple Detail groups?

It is possible to create as much detail groups as you like, in my example A, B and C is enough:

Detail groups

Create a new screen type (or copy from another) with multiple Detail tab containers, each assigned its own Detail group. Tab headers can be hidden if desired. In my example I have. Consider not using the combined filters on the detail tabs as it takes quite much space.

Screen type

Result

Before changes:

After changes:

Example from Insights application

@Mark Jongeling Thanks for the additional details, we should be able to get this working! Nevertheless it would be great (and seemingly not even too complicated of an Idea) if Thinkwise would support this out of the box.

Updated idea status NewOpen

FYI: we are using the proposed solution from @Mark Jongeling as a workaround for a while now, but it is very ugly to configure (we have an extreme amount of Detail Groups at the moment) and due to the Action bar behavior in the Universal GUI each Detail tab page also shows the Action bar for the Main tab.

I hope this Idea will solve the Action bar issue: 

Still hoping for a standardized solution to display multiple Detail tabs on the same page too!