SF : supply a remarks-field on any object

Related products: Software Factory

I really miss an in-model way to store meta info on most object types in the SF!

Columns and tables have a description field, but many objects do not have such a field. Now I tend to abuse the helptext in the translations for it, but it is not really user-oriented documentation.

It seems like a small addition to generate a remarks/description column in each SF object, would it be an option?

Updated idea status NewOpen

Hi Boudewijn,

I think this is a good idea. You have my vote.

I haven't discussed it internally yet, so for now I don't know if there are any reasons why this hasn't already been implemented. In case it deliberately wasn’t, are there any specific screens where you miss these fields the most?

In case it deliberately wasn’t, are there any specific screens where you miss these fields the most?

Nothing comes to mind as having priority.

You have my vote.

Thanks! :-)

Hi Boudewijn,

I wanted to inform you that in the upcoming 2024.1 release scheduled for January, we have incorporated various new Description fields and parameters into the SF.

You can find detailed information in my latest response on this idea:

Additionally, in the 2023.3 release, we already enhanced the consistency of how Description fields are presented throughout the SF.

For more details, you can refer to the following link: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/blog/2023_3#generic---more-space-for-descriptions.

Considering these enhancements, and the fact that no specific screens come to mind where the absence of this field is particularly noticeable, I will close this idea.

If you do identify specific screens where this improvement is crucial, please feel free to create a separate, more detailed idea for our consideration.

OpenClosed

> we have incorporated various new Description fields

Wohoo, great!

> If you do identify specific screens where this improvement is crucial, please feel free
> to create a separate, more detailed idea for our consideration.