Screentype option to move action-bar(CRUD-buttons) to tabs-bar

Related products: Software Factory Universal GUI UI/UX

To use the available screen space more efficiently, I would like to be able to move the CRUD-buttons/action-bar to the tab-bar, instead of having a separate action-bar.

In the example I moved the action-bar/CRUD-buttons up (The filter/search could be moved up as well). As you can see, this saves a lot of space. I believe it’s still clear what table is being edited/filtered since the current tab is colored and underlined.

If the action-bar/CRUD-buttons won’t fit on the screen next to the tabs, I would expect it to fall back to the current situation and be placed below.

​​I’m also curious of what you think of this. I currently see a lot of empty/unnecessary space that can be used to show more data. Do you think the same or do you think this possible solution makes things unnecessarily complicated? 

Current Example

NewOpen

@Marius Korff Seeing your example screenshot, the Combined Filter field is also gone. In that scenario it makes it okay to move the CRUD to the tab bar.

I am curious how often do you make a screen without a Combined Filter so that it actually saves you the space?

Looking through my own project I have only a rare few screen where this might be the case, but hardly ever offer me the benefit for you suggestion as another component is usually there anyway. Also keeping in mind that consistency is quite important to most type of users.

Personally I try to get users to use the filter form, but the mentality is that the “Google” like search bar is preferred and very difficult to steer them away from. As more programs adopt this method of one field for the “Search whatever”, I don’t see the this battle won.

Nothing against your idea, but I am wondering what your experience is.

Seeing your example screenshot, the Combined Filter field is also gone. In that scenario it makes it okay to move the CRUD to the tab bar.

Like you mentioned, most screens do have a Combined filter but if there is enough space I could see the possibility for it to be moved up as well 😄 When having only a few tabs there should be plenty of space.