Renaming table is not case sensitive

Related products: Software Factory

See screenshots and title, a very simple rename where you want to remove a capital letter in the SF.

This is very small but annoying bug since this might happen when you accidentally start with a capital letter.

You now have to either delete the table and create a new one, or rename it to something different and then rename it back to the original name without the capital letter.

NewOpen

Some additional background information. 

The issue here lies in the fact that the rename tasks first copy the record and then remove the old record. This temporarily results in the existence of two records that, according to SQL Server's interpretation, are considered identical due to its case insensitivity. To address this, we would need to adjust our renaming concept or add extra tasks that only modify the casing.

Since the software works as designed and has worked this way for years, we may not consider this as a bug, but we're also curious how many votes this idea gets. Let the voting begin 😃.

Somewhat related idea: 

I just had to go through a lot of validations, including the subnames. I found that some names in prefilters and tasks were created using a capital letter. However, I then bump into this same issue/bug where the SF offers me the option to change the name but it won’t allow me to change it since it doesn’t recognize capital letters.

The workaround is very tedious (especially when having to rename multiple names): rename it to something else and then rename it to the same name without the capital letter.

OpenOn the backlog (research phase)