Providing access to a published app according to device type for Universal GUI

Related products: Intelligent Application Manager Universal GUI

There should be an extra configuration to be able to set the Device type which is accessing the specific published app in the Universal GUI and be able to set this config in the IAM.

This will provide a more flexible configuration to be allowed in IAM definition of a Published application as a combination of having it for <User Groups><Applications><device types>.

Example case:

If User is in

1. User group 1 that is for a Mobile App with a tile menu and
  2. User group 2 is for Web portal tree menu

Currently the user will access both published Apps if I define them as a separate Application and restrict the user groups default menu in IAM. I cannot restrict the User from seeing the web portal on his mobile device and vice versa I cannot restrict them from seeing the Mobile App on a Desktop device.

Expectation is that by defining a User that has access in 2 different User groups/Applications that I can choose also the device type the user group/Application can be displayed on. Each User group can be linked to a separate menu or app  or device type. 

IAM currently is identifying device types in the Session Log but it is not part of any settings. It may as well be extended for such use as well.

Hi mperrot,

The purpose of the Universal GUI is be able to provide the exact same functionality on all devices by, for example, using breakpoints to optimize the screen structure for different form factors. This idea goes against that, but I do understand the wish to offer a different experience on a mobile or touch devices than on desktops.

One way to do this would indeed be to provide a different menu per device, form factor, input method or something else distinctive, which was also possible with the separate Windows, Web and legacy Mobile user interfaces.

Let’s see how much votes this gets.

Updated idea status NewOpen