Procedure options in the SF

Related products: Software Factory

In the SF there is a tab "Subroutine options” since version 2018.3 (see Execute as option | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com),

We now use this in a particular subroutine en during the creation proces this is “translated” to a option in the resulting procedure.

I would like to see the same possibility with TASKS. Tasks in the end will also result in a procedure, just like a subroutine.

I don't really understand how Thinkwise translates “EXECUTE_AS” to “ with execute as ...” but that asiide.

And not just this. I would like to see more of this… For example, in a few tasks we want / need a “with recompile” option to have an acceptable performance. There are probably better ways to get a task running faster besides using “with recompile”, but for now this works for us.

In Transact-SQL there are currently 3 options, I think, when creating a procedure, so it would be nice if all three are selectable per procedure (task, subroutine, default, layout…. actually everywhere that results in a procedure in the generation process).

See also CREATE PROCEDURE (Transact-SQL) - SQL Server | Microsoft Learn

NewOpen