On copying a table/view add a Checklist of what to copy

Related products: Software Factory

When copying a table or a view a lot of things are copied with it, some wanted some unwanted. When copying a view the old template is assigned to the new view, in most cases I do not want this to happen. Same goes for tasks, when copying a table more often than not I do not want the tasks assigned to the new table. 

To make the copying more user friendly (and to give some insight of what it is actually copying) i would like a checklist with objects it is going to copy with the option to deactivate some. This way I would know copying a view also copies the tasks, table parameters, assign the template and copy the filters. 

Updated idea status OpenOn the backlog
The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

On the backlogPlanned

PlannedWorking on it!

Working on it!Next release

Hi all,

For a select set of Copy tasks, checkboxes have been added that give the developer the option of selecting or deselecting objects to be copied with the task. The Copy tasks for Table, Task, Report, and Subroutine have gotten checkboxes. 

Copy table has the most options as this task is frequently used to copy an existing table:

By default, the task in the screenshot above will copy the Table, the Columns and all settings such as Grid and Form order, Sorting, Conditional layout, and prefilters. Additionally, component data (Cube and Maps), Report and Tasks links, and Functionality assignments can be included. Newly added is the option to copy Detail and Look-up references. To mimic the behavior of previous platform versions, the references are not automatically included.

Lastly, the Task, Report, and Subroutine copy tasks have the option to include the Functionality assignments. Unchecking this option will result in the object not being assigned to any Control procedures. This allows the developer to create the bare object to then create a new Control procedure for the object and assign it.

Next releaseCompleted