Need a way to hide the translation of Task buttons, to only show the icons.

Related products: Software Factory Intelligent Application Manager Universal GUI

Related to the Question we made :

We would like a way to hide the translation of Task buttons, to only show the icons.

Updated idea statusNewOpen

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

These two ideas will share the same implementation. Votes will be gathered here.

Updated idea statusOpenOn the backlog

Updated idea statusOn the backlogWorking on it!

Hi, when is this planned?

Hi @Spyros.Neofytou,

This feature has already been built in the Software Factory version 2022.2, which was released yesterday. However, we’ve still got some work to do in our Universal GUI so it listens to the new model settings. We will keep you posted as soon as this is finished. It will then only be necessary to update your Universal GUI to the current version.

@Jeroen van den Belt Will this make the 2023.1 Release for the Universal GUI? And where can we find this setting in the Software Factory?

@Jeroen van den Belt Will this make the 2023.1 Release for the Universal GUI? And where can we find this setting in the Software Factory?

Hi @Arie V,

It is not planned for the 2023.1 release. We don't have the feature planned for implementation in the Universal GUI yet.

It recently has been discussed but we found some cases where a combination of different display types would not result in a pleasant user experience, so we'll have to rethink the display types that we will offer. When we know more and we do plan the implementation, it will be reflected both in the Universal Roadmap and here in this idea.

@Mark Jongeling I would actually prefer to see the same behavior applied as currently used for the Pre-filters:

1. Show the Icon only always (now only shows the icon if space is too narrow and/or there are many Tasks - this is inconsistent to End users)
  2. Do show Translation in the Tooltip
  3. Do show Icon + Translation in the Overflow menu (...)

PlannedWorking on it!

The Universal GUI will support this new setting for tasks and reports in the upcoming 2023.1.15 release.

In the software factory this can be found under Table Tasks/Reports called: Display type.

With this setting you can control the maximum appearance of task buttons in the toolbar to show Text and or Icons. 

So, if you set this to Icon the toolbar button will never expand to show the text. You can differentiate this setting per button.

The Universal GUI will support this new setting for tasks in the upcoming 2023.1.15 release.

In the software factory this can be found under Table Tasks called: Display type.

With this setting you can control the maximum appearance of task buttons in the toolbar to show Text and or Icons. 

So, if you set this to Icon the task will never expand to show the text. You can differentiate this setting per task.

@Erik Brink Great news! I currently don't see a ‘Display type’ setting in Table Tasks in Software Factory 2023.1. Is this somehow still hidden and would this require a Hotfix for the SF?

Yes @Arie V, this requires a hotfix to show this field once again. This will come available in the coming days.

@Mark Jongeling I would actually prefer to see the same behavior applied as currently used for the Pre-filters:

1. Show the Icon only always (now only shows the icon if space is too narrow and/or there are many Tasks - this is inconsistent to End users)

@Arie V to answer this side note: the default behavior of prefilter is showing up with an icon-only always.

Please submit a new community idea for this, when necessary, explaining what options you like to see here. We consider this to be out-of-scope of this one. 

Working on it!Completed

@Arie V to answer this side note: the default behavior of prefilter is showing up with an icon-only always.

Please submit a new community idea for this, when necessary, explaining what options you like to see here. We consider this to be out-of-scope of this one. 

Hi Erik, my comment was meant to say that I would like the Tasks to behave similarly to the current Pre-filter behavior. Will test if we can mimic that behavior with the new settings! Only open question at this stage: will Universal GUI show the Translation as Tooltip if only Icon is displayed (and no Tooltip text is defined)?

Sorry Arie, you are totally right. I misread the question.

I can confirm the tooltip will show the task translation if no "rich” tooltip text is specified. So indeed, this setting will give you the opportunity to show icons only when necessary.

The overflow menu shows the full representation of the task, as we used to.

@Arie V , the platform improvement can now be downloaded from TCP. It is available for both 2022.2 and 2023.1