IAM Tags for User Groups / Applications / Tenants

Related products: Intelligent Application Manager

IAM holds a tag base table and a usr_tag table. For some functionality we built it would be helpful to have Tags available for User Groups too. And while we're at it, it's probably helpful for us and/or others to have them on Applications and Tenants too. Could this be added to IAM?

Hi Arie,

There's no Dynamic model functionality available in IAM. Also the user tag table is not accessible currently. How would you like to use this functionality?

In the Post synchronization code you code make use of Tags if we would add the tables and make them accessible, but we do would love to hear what way you will be using them. :wink:

Updated idea statusNewNeeds feedback

@Mark Jongeling Not sure what you mean with the user tag table not being accessible, it is visible for me in IAM (Universal) and we're using it already.

In our application we actually have a couple of views to some IAM tables (f.e. usr and usr_group). We use this to select an owner of a record (f.e. Task Owner / Account Owner / Contract Owner). To clean up the Lookup from irrelevant non-End User users we added a tag to filter on.

Oh I see, my bad :sweat_smile:  I used the reachable objects task of the IAM project and didn't find it but I guess I made a mistake somewhere. I see it too now.

Thanks for the input! I see why tags can be handy in that case. It could also be handy to use in combination with Post synchronization code to allow certain queries to only be run for certain tenants/user groups/applications/users. Let the voting begin!

Updated idea statusNeeds feedbackOpen

@Mark Jongeling @Anne Buit This seems like a small thing to add to IAM. Can this be included in the next 2023.1 Release?

@Mark Jongeling this was promised to be included in Release 2023.1. Could you confirm and, if true, update the status accordingly?

Hi Arie,

We have been unable to pick this up for the 2023.1 release and this idea cannot be picked up anymore as we finalized and tested the release. Soon we will be starting to consider ideas and wishes for the next release and I'll be certain to add this to the list of topics and ideas to discuss. 

OpenOn the backlog

On the backlogPlanned

PlannedWorking on it!

IAM already has a tag table, which can already be applied to users. In the 2023.2 this will be expanded with user groups, tenants and applications. We came to the same conclusion as @Arie V that these are the most relevant screens for using tags.

When one of these objects has related tags, this will be shown in the tab using a badge.

When copying a user or user group, tags will always be copied with it. Tenants are not expected to be copied, so tags will not be copied with it. For applications, it is optional if you want to copy the tag. By default, it will be copied.

Working on it!Next release

Next releaseCompleted