Have menu item subnames

Related products: Software Factory

Currently the Subname object is placed within the Quality → Validation section. This is not preferred. There should a direct menu item for the subnames in the Software Factory. Probably under the menu group Data.

Updated idea statusNewOpen

As an addition I would also like to add that in that new entry you will only see the subnamegroup which is setup in your model / branch.
And it would be nice if you can manually add disapproved subnames, and not only afterwards.

@Arjan Sollie : I disagree with the menu group Data being the most logical place to put the Subname menu item. I would preferably place it in the Maintenance menu group. The reason behind this being that the subnames are related to more than just the table and column objects alone, such as subroutines for example. On top of that assessing subnames is more of a maintenance task than a daily development task.

I changed the status of this idea to Planned, if everything goes well I hope to implement this, as well as Robbert's suggestions soon 😄

OpenPlanned

@Arjan Sollie: I disagree with the menu group Data being the most logical place to put the Subname menu item. I would preferably place it in the Maintenance menu group. The reason behind this being that the subnames are related to more than just the table and column objects alone, such as subroutines for example. On top of that assessing subnames is more of a maintenance task than a daily development task.

I changed the status of this idea to Planned, if everything goes well I hope to implement this, as well as Robbert's suggestions soon 😄

@Renée Evertzen 

I understand that you would not assign it to the group Data. However I would advise using a different group than Maintenance. Because check the subnames should be part of every release. Therefor it would be better to place it within Quality or Deployment

I think using Quality as a menu group for this screen is still the best location. Using sub names prevent typos and inconsistencies in naming all kind of model objects. Therefore, it improves the quality of your model. Using a separate screen sound like a great idea to me.

I think using Quality as a menu group for this screen is still the best location. Using sub names prevent typos and inconsistencies in using sub names. Therefore, it improves the quality of your model. Using a separate screen sound like a great idea to me.

I totally agree.

PlannedWorking on it!

Working on it!Next release

Next releaseCompleted