Exact search via Combined filter

Related products: Windows GUI Universal GUI Indicium Service Tier

The filter bar searches for exact matches with substrings of searchable values in the table (where value like ‘%search%’). In most cases that is the desired behavior. However in one particular screen we would like to be able to insert the id of a record and only show that one record (where value = ‘search’). The reason for that is it greatly enhances performance. If a quick filter is applied also the same select statement goes down from 1529 ms to 3 ms. This means a refresh of the entire screen would take 1,5 seconds less than it does at the moment. Refreshes are frequent in this screen.

May I suggest a new setting for a filter bar to make this possible? This way a search would perform just a well as a quick filter.

Hi Roland, Did you mean the combined filter? And for which GUI are you submitting this idea?

Updated idea statusNewNeeds feedback

Hi Mark. Yes I meant to write the combined filter. It brings up all partial matches. However in this one particular screen exact 1:1 matches are desired.

Of course this can also be accomplished with a filter form but that does take up considerable more space, even if it only contains one field.

We’re still developing 100% for the Windows GUI. I know the Indicium web GUI follows its own development path but I can’t really pinpoint why it should have different options. But in this case my answer is definitely the Windows GUI.

Updated idea statusNeeds feedbackUnder review

Updated idea statusUnder reviewOpen