Documentation on IAM Maintenance

Related products: Documentation

Hi,

Is there a guide for consultants for IAM maintenance? Cleaning up sessions, etc, anything that can be done to make sure IAM is set-up correct, caches removed, cleaned, and no logs are cluttering this world etc, etc. 

Development delivers a new version, but that does not mean that old stuff is cleaned automatically.. and consultants don't know what can and can't be done. 

A simple sheet or guide would be great! 

Blommetje

Hi Blommetje,

Thank you for your suggestion. While there is existing documentation for IAM maintenance, this does not address the consultant's perspective you are suggesting. For this reason, I will convert your request into an idea.

NewOpen

An example

@Jaycee_C  and I are now looking at this; in Both Model and Applications; we have 2 bins 

Is there any documentation on when to use the ‘gui’ or the ‘Task’ one? Now the Consultant does not know what the Task does, so he uses the ‘gui’ version of Delete. Perhaps this leaves unwanted data in de Db? How can I explain this to a Administrator?

Hi @Blommetje,

Thanks for pointing this out! The bin on the left contains a call to the bin on the right, making the bin on the right redundant. Normally, the bin on the right would have been made invisible. Our IAM team is looking into it.

OpenWorking on it!

Since someone else mentioned that this might cause some confusion: the ‘Working on it!’ from my perspective concerns the confusion surrounding the double delete tasks in IAM.

The documentation surrounding this topic will be updated accordingly, but the idea concerning the IAM maintenance documentation is something that will have to be picked up by our documentation team in the future. This means that once I am finished with my part in this idea, it will return the the ‘Open’ status.

Working on it!Open

Hi @Blommetje,

The documentation team has created a new chapter in the IAM guide about IAM maintenance. You can find it here: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/iam/maintenance

Thank you for your suggestion, and we hope that our addition will prove useful!

OpenCompleted