Closing tabs on switching applications in IAM

Related products: Intelligent Application Manager

When changing the application in IAM the existing tabs, which were opened by the user, will stay open. It would be nice if this could be changed and that when someone changes from one application to another application, the existing tabs were closed. Not as a default but as an option using extended properties.

How do you feel about per-application colouring of tabs?

I can not see myself looking forward to having all tabs from another application closed when I need one from another for a moment, but having different colours per application would help me personnaly.

I think changing the colour of tabs could be useful as well in certain situations. However, we would not like to create a christmas tree :-)

Updated idea status NewOpen

A little revival: this is, 1 year after posting, still something that would be very helpful to us...

Is there any update regarding this?

Hello Andre and Hugo,

For the windows gui we're currently working on a way to hide the open documents from a different application whenever you switch applications. This has the added benefit that when you swich back, those documents can be made visable again.

We'll update this idea when we are further in the development process.

OpenWorking on it!

Is this something also being considered for Universal?

Hello Hugo,

This setting has been implemented for the windows gui since the 2023.2.11 release.

With kind regards,
Edo Spijker

Working on it!Completed