Able to hide a task in the taskbar when task is used for double click

Related products: Software Factory Windows GUI

It would be nice if you have the option to hide a task in the taskbar when you use the task as a double click task.

For example: When you use double click in the grid to navigate to the form or details from that record then the task doesn't (always) need to be visible in the taskbar. But now when you hide the task the double click function doesn't work.

@Remco I suppose you’re talking about the Windows GUI? For the Universal GUI it works like your suggestion by default already.

@Arie V i mean it as a setting. So the developer can decide to show the task when it's a double click task or can hide it in the taskbar.

@Remco Agreed, we have the same wish currently open as TCP issue, and added my vote here as well!

NewOn the backlog

On the backlogNext release

The Universal GUI now always hides tasks used for double click actions, regardless of the task or report's display type. Starting with the 2023.2 release, the Universal GUI will also listen to this setting for double click tasks.

@Jasper We ran the hotfix to get the Display type setting available in the SF already. As a result we currently see the following for one of our (still hidden) Grid double click tasks in SF 2023.1:

To confirm: will this setting imply that from 2023.2 onwards the Task will be displayed on the Task bar? And if we wish to keep the Grid double click Task hidden I presume we need to use the ‘Hidden’ Display type option? 

If so, should we run a script to update the Display type setting to ‘Hidden’ for all Double click on record = true or will such a script be included in Release 2023.2? This to ensure that the GUI behavior is not changed unintentionally.

Hi @Arie V,

Good question. As always, we will ensure backward compatibility by automatically setting the display type to hidden for existing double click tasks when upgrading the SF and IAM.

Next releaseCompleted