DevExpress SubReport

Related products: Software Factory

Currently it’s impossible to use a separate report as a subreport as ThinkWise is unable to locate said report. I know your solution is to create a Master-Detail Report with a Detail Report Band, but that doesn’t work well for having summaries at the end of your report. 

So is this something you might consider finding a work around for? It would solve my problem a lot faster. 

Hi Phil,

Why not using a process flow that generates the set of reports (group 😵 and store them in the DB. As a Final step in the process flow have a report that selects the specific requested reports of group X from the table to merge them into 1 in the given order as you have them in the DB or configured sort order.

Hope this covers it.

https://community.devexpress.com/blogs/reporting/archive/2020/04/22/reporting-merge-pdf-documents-into-your-report-v20-1.aspx

Hi Phil,

There's an alternative way of achieving the use of Subreports for Windows GUI 2-tier (without Indicium). You can insert the subreport as a separate Report in your Software Factory project. This will ensure that the GUI caches the Report and the Subreport in the same folder, making it available for the Report to use.

The suggestion above is also something you can look into. Hope it helps 😄

Offering native support for subreports is something we have to look into, so I'll open the idea.

NewOpen

Hi Phil,

There's an alternative way of achieving the use of Subreports for Windows GUI 2-tier (without Indicium). You can insert the subreport as a separate Report in your Software Factory project. This will ensure that the GUI caches the Report and the Subreport in the same folder, making it available for the Report to use.

The suggestion above is also something you can look into. Hope it helps 😄

Offering native support for subreports is something we have to look into, so I'll open the idea.

Sorry for the late reply, I was on holiday. But thank you for your answer I’ll look in to it once I’ve worked my way through a gazillion e-mails 😅