Hint conditional layout

Related products: Windows GUI Universal GUI

In the userinterface of our application we have use background colors via a conditional layout. It would be helpful to the user if you could connect some text to the conditional layout which appear if you hover over the field on which the conditional layout is applied. So then user can instantly see what the color means.

Hi Eric,

We do have support for a similar feature. You can make use of the Helptext inside the Windows and Web GUI.

For example, in the Software Factory we have conditional layout on the different types of columns; Editable, Read-only and Hidden. Even though it is quite understandable what the difference is between these colors, there are scenarios where this color does not immediately tell what it represents.

That's where the Helptext can help. Here is an image of it:

Conditional layout explanation

When creating new Conditional layouts there's also a Translation object generated. If the conditional layout is assigned to a column, the translation object’s helptext is shown in the Helptext (F1 shortkey); like in the image.

Translations for the Conditional layout with helptext

Could this existing feature already be the solution you are wishing for?

Updated idea statusNewNeeds feedback

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply, I understand that the help is a possibility. But what I suggest is more user friendly I tnhink. 

Updated idea statusNeeds feedbackUnder review

I really like this idea as well, you can perhaps provide some kind of legend to tell the user what specific colours mean. For now, @Eric Franken you could fake a feature like this using a small detail view with some static SQL showing each colour and the meaning of that colour next to the tab/screen somewhere.

Updated idea statusUnder reviewOpen