Assign Reviewer to a work-item in the SF

Related products: Software Factory

Personally I think it's a valuable feature to assign reviewers to work-items that are assigned to me. So it's clear who is responsible for a (peer-)review of my work. This is also due to the current code-review that let's you only review functionality code, but is apart from work-items. Sometimes I'm assigned to work-items that are not related to code, but just supports a certain work-assignment in the project/customer case that needs to be done inside or even sometimes outside the SF e.q. screen optimizing, set_up theme's, migrating test_data, etc…

One step further.. The assigned reviewer of the work-item is presented on the task-board beneath the assigned work person of the work-item.

Second step further.. It's an option to use the standard notification SMTP settings for letting people now that a generation process has started, is also used to let people now they have been assigned as a reviewer for a certain work-item. It can also be checked under 'review settings’. If assigning reviewers to work-items is required.

Hi @Jimmy Scheer,

We would prefer to extend this even further and make it possible to review and comment on all changes to a model. We already have plans to optimize the branching mechanism so that we can provide a pull request-like mechanism, similar to GIT for example.

In that case, we don't think that it is necessary anymore to also use the work-items for reviewing purposes. Is this something you can agree with?

Updated idea statusNewNeeds feedback

Hi @Jimmy Scheer,

We would prefer to extend this even further and make it possible to review and comment on all changes to a model. We already have plans to optimize the branching mechanism so that we can provide a pull request-like mechanism, similar to GIT for example.

In that case, we don't think that it is necessary anymore to also use the work-items for reviewing purposes. Is this something you can agree with?

I think that the solution you describe is definitely something I was looking for. I was searching for something like you describe as a pull-request with review possibilities. If this is extended to the possibility to review everything that is inside the model of the SF that I'm using, that would be so cool! Please keep me updated on the progress of those functionalities.Thanks in advance - Jimmy

Hi @Jimmy Scheer,

This sounds great. Is there a time frame for this perhaps?