Application names in IAM are unclear when using multiple Applications on same Database

Related products: Intelligent Application Manager

We are running multiple Applications on the same Database, each having their own Translation (and alias). The information as displayed in IAM (Universal GUI) makes it unnecessarily hard to distinguish these different Applications.

I would suggest either of these solutions - I prefer 1 more, but 2 might be even easier):

• Display the Translation (first Translation it finds or based on user Language setting) as Expression field on both Grid and Form
  • Update the Expression field that is currently used as Display Lookup column for Applications to include the Alias

Could this be improved in the next Release or in a hotfix?

To be clear: given the fact that the current Expression field used as Display Lookup column pops up at several locations in IAM, it definitely is a request to have that field changed as part of this Idea. Perhaps override the Expression field value with the Translation if available.

Hi Arie,

Considering the major impact this has on the lookup display, I made a little change in the display column. Is this something that would help?:

Alias added at the end

@Mark Jongeling That’s in line with my suggested second solution, so yes: definitely helpful and good enough for me. Is this something that can be released as hotfix?

We normally only release hotfixes for bugs that are critical and for which no workaround is available. In our opinion this is now not the case, since the application still functions and the required information is accessible. Therefore, this idea will come available in the regular manner in the 2021.3 release of the platform.

Thank you for submitting this idea, and for helping improve the platform.

Updated idea status NewNext release

Understandable, thanks for picking this up so swiftly and including this in the next Release!

Updated idea statusNext releaseCompleted