Enabling languages in a part of the application

Related products: Software Factory

:bulb: It would be nice having the option to enable a language on specific screens instead of the whole application. 

For example
Our application is English based. Recently we've developed a scheduler for the reservations of our company vehicles. We only use this scheduler and vehicle maintenance for our office in the Netherlands so it would be nice to translate these fields to Dutch.   

Translation for specific application screens

Workaround
Of course I know it's possible to add a new application language, translate the fields to Dutch but it's not appropriate to translate the entire application which means several screens will remain untranslated. 

Another option would be to misuse English translation objects by translating them into Dutch, but this isn't chic either.

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for submitting your idea. Unfortunately this idea does not fit well within the concepts of the Thinkwise platform and we do not expect many other users to need it. Because there is also an excellent workaround available (translating English labels into Dutch) we will close this idea.

Updated idea status NewClosed

Hi Jasper, 

You described, translating English labels into Dutch as a excellent workaround. I don't fully agree because some of these table-, column- and task parameter names are also used application wide. Translating these objects will result in dutch translations everywhere in the application.

Letting column and paramater field names differ for translation seems like an undesirable workaround, or am I missing an alternative solution?

Task parameter "employee_id” can be used in multiple tasks

:book:  I have read the blog about application fallback language support. 

"Application fallback language support

We've added support for the application fallback language feature. This feature will be available as of version 2021.2 of the Thinkwise Platform."

If I understand correctly, this will also be a solution to my problem?