Big form buttons

Related products: Universal GUI

For a production operator console / touch screen scenario I wish to have just a big ‘Save’ button on the screen.

Maybe there is a work-around to achieve this?

While the Windows GUI does support bigger Task icons by setting up a different size for the Task bar, the Universal GUI does not support that (yet):

Windows GUI - 64x64 task
Universal GUI - default size

The Universal GUI does support Grid double-click task execution now but does require the upcoming 2021.2 Software Factory release. This may be an alternative for you right now.

Updated idea status NewOpen

The Universal GUI supports bigger task buttons by now so the solution Mark posted is now also viable for the Universal GUI. I will mark this idea as completed.

OpenCompleted

@Peter Verwijs this is nice

How can the size of buttons be set?

Hi Harm,

Setting the icon size for a task bar in the screen type modeler now also works for Universal. So creating a task with a big button is now possible.

Besides that, the screen type modeler should also allow you to set the icon size for the action bar component, but I see this is currently not always working correctly. There is a ticket on our backlog to fix this issue so this is something we will hopefully get around to fixing soon.