Add baseline version to code history

Related products: Software Factory

In Code history the first entry is the trunk project where the code was set to reviewed. I understand you don't want each iteration in code history. I would however very much like to have the starting point or the baseline. So if the code was created in version 12 but reviewed in version 15. you get two lines: 

update    originated in version 15.    --the version where the code was approved
Insert      originated in version 12.    --the version the code was first created

Currently you get this, which is not the truth since development was started in version 12, not in version 15.: 

Insert      originated in version 15.  

Updated idea status NewOpen

Hi Erwin,

With the next version (2023.1) of the Software Factory, we have brought improvements to the Code review and its details.

From this version onwards, Code review will take place whilst watching the live-data. Only after approving the Code review (Change log), the code will be logged. This way we prevent a lot of data that previously would be made after each single change in control procedure templates.

I believe this solves your idea, agreed?

I might be missing the point, but your suggested solution sounds like the exact way it currently works. 

In 2022.2 and before, when a Control procedure was in the Review state, every change done to code during this state would be written away to the Code review tables and also to the history tables. This caused a lot of additional data being saved such as comments. This will no longer happen in the 2023.1.

In 2023.1, when a Control procedure was put into the Review state, only a Code review record will be made - without code. Additionally, there will no longer be (project) versions which results in a singular Code review. History of code changes will of course still be recorded for comparison purposes, but will not flood any screen you normally see.

Pictures speak a thousand words 😄:

Code history

The history will only show a singular change per Control procedure (code) and template that actually was modified, thus eliminating a list of every single change. The code on the right is live-data. When the code undergoes changes, this code history will not show multiple lines.

You do have the option to see every change using this task: 

Show history task
All previous changes

But to go back to your idea, putting the Control procedure into the Review state and Approving the Control procedure will no longer produce two records.

Hope I explained it well enough😁

OpenClosed