Default display type setting per branch

Related products: Software Factory

As a developer, I would like to be able to set the default display type of a table task in the project for more consistency within the application.

Currently, every table task you add defaults to the "Icon+text (>text >icon)" display type, while we prefer "icon only" by default. So, as a developer, you need to manually adjust this for every new table task.

If you can set this default in your project and it is applied automatically, it will reduce the chance of errors and increase consistency in your application because it will be displayed in the same way.

Hi @Martin,

I like your idea.

However, please note that we also have display types for table reports. And I expect that in the future we’ll also have display types for prefilters and cube views. Also see this idea:

In your opinion, should we create a default display type setting per object (so potentially 4 or even more settings), or 1 general display type setting for all of these objects?

@Jeroen van den Belt I would prefer to see a setting per object, this allows for more flexibility and seems relatively low cost. The more that can be covered to one’s liking with Default settings, the faster and more consistent the Model driven development will go.

I agree with @Arie V. For example add this default to the Model settings and even create new subjects for the default settings for reports, prefilters, cubes, etc.

Needs feedbackOpen